Did your computer fail the PowerPoint Viewer test?
If your computer failed the PowerPoint test, this means you do not have PowerPoint installed. You may need the free PowerPoint Viewer plugin to view these content in your online course if you do not have the full PowerPoint program installed on your machine. If you DO have the PowerPoint program on your machine, you do not need this plugin. To download and install the PowerPoint Viewer plugin:
- Locate the Software Specifications section of the Online Tech Support page
- Locate Browser Plugins, followed by a linked list of many plugins.
- Click on the PowerPoint Viewer link.
- Download the plugin.
- As prompted, install the plugin.
- If it says “Restart,” this means that you will need to restart your computer in order for these changes to operate properly. If you are making several of these changes to Browser Checkup tests that have failed, you may wait until you have made all of the changes before restarting your computer.
- Rerun the Browser Check Up.